View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MrSadman

Seeking advice, grandchildren in danger.

Hello,

I am looking for advice regarding a loved one that is currently in the grips of Heroin use and we feel our grandchildren are in danger.

This is a long story so I will try my best to consolidate it as best I can.

My girlfriends (actually much more than that been together 22 years) daughter got involved with a guy that is a hard core drug user, she ended up having 2 kids by him, we know she was using meth prior to the birth of her 1st child who is 3 years old now, after her birth she was home with us and was doing good and avoided him because she knew that being around him was not a good place for her to be with her newborn. As time went on she started seeing him again and eventually got sucked back in to the drug use, we could tell immediately when this started because of her change in attitude and was always defensive, disappeared for days at a time, and such.

Eventually we confronted her and she blew up at us and moved over to where he was living at his mothers house that is nest door to his grandparents house. At this point her daughter was a little over a year old and eventually things caught up with him and he got put in jail. Shortly after that happening she stopped using (he wasn't there to supply it to her) and eventually moved back in with us and was pregnant with another child. We told her we would do everything we could to help her get on her feet again, pay for her school, let her use our extra car, etc. and all she needed to do was stay away from him. For the past couple years she lived with us and was doing really good, enrolled in nursing school getting good grades, was involved with her kids activities and all. She got an apartment with the help of us and had not moved into it yet as we were in the process of setting it up still.

On the 4th she took the kids over to the kids great grandparents house as he has a party every year on the 4th (next door to where her x lived with his mom but he is rarely there and is not wanted there, he is generally not wanted around by his own family) and he was there, that's all it took he sucked her back in and now within a few weeks is full on Heroin addict.

Here is where it gets concerning for us,

We could tell she was back using again, and she is still using our car, I have a GPS tracker in it and she knows it, we could clearly see who she was with and where they were going (places to score). Now we have questioned her before while she was sober about places she had gone that were questionable and had legit reasons, she would be a bit hurt that were still questioning her but understood based on past and everyone moved on without issue. This time she blew up again, (confirming she was using again), snached up the kids and took them to her yet unfinished apartment (but live-able) telling us we would never see them again. We thought well she has school all day 6 days a week, and my GF quit her job after the last baby was born to be able to stay home and provide care for the kids (day care around here is really expensive) and she would need us or the great grand parents to watch them while she was in school so at least we could make sure they were ok. We find out she brought her boyfriend (the kids father) there to live with her and watch the kids while she is in school! He will use with them there, she will use with them there! Yesterday the boyfriend his grandfather (the kids great grandparents) to please come take the kids he couldn't handle it (there a handful), when he got there the mother had come home for lunch break and they both went into the bathroom for quite some time and when they came out the GG asked for some clothes for the little girl and the mom just dropped to the floor staring at a pile of clothes and didn't move, he said hello hello and she snapped out of it for a second and went back into the trance, she eventually came out of it and went back to school.

Now later she gets out of school we can see by the GPS data where they went to the GG's house, picked up the kids and immediately went to a house we know where they get and use drugs, then head home for an hour or so then leave again, obviously with the kids in the car and go to a well known area to score drugs. Driving around, on Heroin with a 3 year old and a 1 year old in the car. We are scared to death for the kids safety.

We have been looking for a way to get those kids back with us where there safe. We have contacted an Atty but the cost vs the likely hood of it working is slim as the mom has no record or prior issues on record for drugs or anything (there is plenty on the father). Everyone we talk to says leave the CPS out of it you don't want them involved we may loose the kids for good.

We don't know what to do, if we can get him out of the picture we might have a chance of sobering her up enough to let us help her.