View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 08:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
FireSprite

How does it manifest? What do you do with it?
Here's an example from my journey - keep in mind, we all know I'm a little "woo-woo", so what strikes a chord for me might not for others.

I figured out at one point that I hadn't really grieved my marriage & that when there is not actual Death, we often don't have ceremonies to fall back on to help us exercise this process.

I had to grieve the pain & those broken promises. I had to let go of the expectations I'd had around us as a couple & grieve that those people were never coming back again, that same way, no matter what happened going forward because we were forever changed in the process of living our personal tragedy. We can never "go back" to "who we were" but we can create & become something wholly new moving forward.

So I buried our wedding rings. I had a little graveside service for myself & then even marked the "grave" with a stone. In the meta world, this is a also a great method of clearing an item's energy, so this made sense to me. I know I'll never wear those rings again because they represent broken promises, but I also don't want to just melt them down into a new piece for DD without clearing them energetically.

About 6-8 weeks after this, I had the urge to dig them up & put them away & I did, but over those weeks I actively grieved every time I looked at that marker in the yard beneath that tree. It gave me a place to focus my grieving & a ceremony I could relate to. It made me stop & really THINK about what I was doing, not just let it be a secondary thought lost in the background noise of my day. I dug them up to transmute them into something better for DD - to hopefully convert something broken into something beautiful.