Thread: Yey
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 12:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi Eve

No one ever said it's easy to stay sober - but I believe you can do it. I've known other mothers here who have, and dads too.

For me I had to fight that urge. Sometimes it was several urges a day.

After a while, it got easier.

You almost always seem to post after you drink.

what stops you from posting here before you drink, instead of going to the liquor store or wherever it is you go?

Tough questions and high expectations I know, but you can't make changes by doing the same things over and over. No one ever got better by doing nothing.

Its tough and may even seem a little unfair - but we have to put in more effort to stay sober than we do to drink.

You can;t lose weight without diet changes and exercise and you can't get and stay sober without change and effort either,

It's an effort to log in here and post - sure - and its an even greater effort to post every day and to join a Class of the month thread, or the 24 hours recovery connection thread or the weekender thread...but I think you're worth that effort,

For your sake and your kids sake you have to at least act like you believe it - put in that effort - and soon you'll believe it for real

D