View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 05:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mo

Well. . .here is what I did

Hi JT

You know my story. I too struggled with interfering or trying to make consequences happen but in my heart I knew I had to do anything I could to not allow my daughter to slip through the cracks of the criminal justice system.

As you know, the justice system is overwhelmed with these drug and alcohol arrests. THey want easy solutions to the problem . .and are almost always willing to give someone another chance. ..often the chance that just leads to continued use. .another incarceration. .life back on the streets and . .death

I wrote to the District Attorney, the sentencing judge, the sheriff and the police that arrested her. .thanking them for getting her off the streets begging them to do anything they could to give her the help she needed. She was sentenced to treatment and intense supervision.

Today she is almost 8 months clean and working a program of recovery.
I believe my "interference" helped save her life . Being in jail provided her with time to clear her mind and make choices about her life.

Just the other day we were talking about how the police picked her up off the streets literally. She was amazed that they found her. We all agreed that it was Divine Intervention that saved her life.

Now it is up to her and she tells me that not using drugs is a daily choice.

As for me. .I have to keep trusting that God will bring good out of all this pain and suffering for our family. It is still so very hard to see the pain in my little granddaughters. .they need a mother so bad.. .but at least today there is a chance they will have a mother again.

Just my thoughts JT Blessings to all Mo