View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 12:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
RainingButtons

do you WANT him out of the house? do you want a formal separation that clearly divides the assets, severs the bonds and puts him on the outside looking in? you don't have to answer, but you should check your own motives.

yes I do. I guess I’m still scared of his reaction. If anyone challenges him he gets so angry. red faced angry. Ranting and raging. He’s never been violent towards me but has had us all treading on egg shells for 15 years.. and now I am still finding it hard to change the way I handle him - choosing peace over upsetting him. When he is in a great mood we all are because the atmosphere/pressure is lifted.

Im so appreciative of all the reply’s here. IBM reading them thinking “they can’t ALL be wrong? My reaction to reading all the responses about getting a lawyer is one of fear it’s “omg but he will go mad!” So yes that tells me that it’s fear if HIS reaction holding me back.

I have the phone number of a female solicitor that gives a free 20 min consultation in family law. She’s an expert in domestic violence cases too. If I can prove abuse then I get legal aid. I don’t know if I can. It still feels so wrong to accuse him of that 😢 but I read on women’s refuse website that even withholding child support is financial abuse. And yes we do alter our own behaviour for fear of his reaction. So apparently they class that as abuse too.

Im ringing her today to make that appointment 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Last edited by RainingButtons; 07-22-2019 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Spaces needed