Thread: Hard day
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 03:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Bekindalways

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post
hes sober today and back to who I know him to be. He’s moving ahead so easily. Talking about what he will take, how he can’t face anyone with what he did, how I’ll heal in time. Me on the other hand, I’m feeling sucidal. Not gonna act on it, but man this hurts so bad. To see him brush it off....god help me
Dazed, I really don't think there is much that is more difficult than what you are going through (maybe losing a child might be harder but not by much).

Please keep doing everything you can to take care of yourself. Every hour you survive is a victory.

Inspite of the torturing hope, it is unlikely that he is going to get sober long term. He might but it won't be easy and he has one hell of a long way to go if he does truly enter into recovery.

I quit drinking last summer. I joined one of the monthly classes. When it started there were probably 20-30 people. Now there are about 7 of us who post regularly. Sobriety is a super easy thing to start with enthusiasm but to keep it going is tough . . . . I will say that some of my classmates found other means of support that worked for them.

Big hug to you.