Thread: 2 1/2 months
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 01:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Sohard View Post
Hello all,

tomorrow will mark 2 1/2 months. I’m very excited about it. And I’m not hanging on day by day at all the way I was in the beginning. Life has begun to get a bit easier. Easier than before I stopped drinking, and easier than immediately after I stopped drinking. It’s a bit like a weight has been lifted off my chest. That said, I miss it. I do! I don’t miss all the hell that went with it, but I miss drinking wine. I miss drinking wine alone. I miss drinking wine with others. I do. I hope that goes away. I honestly don’t see how it can. I can’t pretend I didn’t enjoy it when I did. Of course there were awful things surrounding it, but I also enjoyed it. That’s just a fact.
Hey sohard

Congrats on 2 and half months your doing so well. Some good posts here on advice and yes I think it's completely normal to have those thoughts especially in the first months. Jeez I even had that 'I miss it' thought just last week at 20 months since my last drink.

I actually wrote down what I was feeling about nostalgia being a dirty liar, which was helpful. It all started with looking for a photo of me and my close friend together as I was doing a goodbye message for her as she is moving away. I realised all the good photos I had was of us on night out 'having fun' then I got pangs of missing my old life.... Then I thought harder about that night and the way it ended. With me disappearing for hours on end running through some woods in the middle of the night not knowing where I was and my partner frantically searching for me. I think I passed out next to a river followed with more drama I'll not bore you with. Anyway moral is there was nothing to miss, and writing it down helped me move past those feelings and is good to look back on next time my brain goes back there.

Stick with it those feelings will pass. Your doing great and life will get better day by day.