Old 07-17-2019, 01:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Milano58

Wow. God you really got me thinking. When I was growing up my dad was a very aggressive alcoholic. There was no separation back then so my mum was stuck but we absolutely lived in a permanent flight mode. We honestly never knew what was coming home to us. It lasted 21yrs until mum was finally able to separate. We didn't know wot to do with ourselves, we were so accustomed to a level of constant stress. I actually buggered off to the US to nanny.. I told my host family straight up that I needed to know what normal was. Unfortunately I only got normal for maybe 3-4yrs before EXAH spiralled very slowly off the wagon. I put up with ANOTHER active alcoholic for 6months before God/universe/****** off ancestors stepped in and kicked him out.

I didn't know yoga helped.. Have a private yoga session on Sunday. I went to one of Dr Joe's lectures long before he was a thing and found his take on belief systems and how the brain is wired fascinating. I actually met Bruce Lupton that same year... If only I'd met an addiction Councillor... Doh!!

I've done some inner child work with a reiki practitioner and that's cleared up a lot. I'm realised that I'm finding the geery but gorgeous (safe) men attractive now. So I'm hoping that I'm enjoying life in the calm lane immensely and not looking for stress.

However... I'm about to pursue a life long ambition of becoming a foster mum. Most of the kids will come from abusive backgrounds. I just hope I'm not trying to create some new stress in my life. I don't feel like I am. I just want to help. Sorry for hi-jacking..