View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 10:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
HardLessons

Hi SBM

Wow thanks you for your very kind words.

House - From the very start when her & I saw that house for the first time I loved it. For a lot of reasons It was perfect. Even though its now gone I still love it. The house became a huge burden for me but it was not due to financial reasons. When the major problems became apparent & after she moved out - I hated going there but I still loved the house. A huge amount of emotions went into that house.

I liked what it all stood for. I am very glad the burden of it has been lifted off of me. Its still sinking in. Its a major chapter in the book of my relationship with her that is now closed. The house which initially meant so much to her & all along meant so much to me is now gone from both of us.

I have never left SR because I cant leave. I went through an extremely intense & emotional relationship with my addict. Although there is no comparison with how I am doing today to how I was doing two years ago - its still difficult today. I was in a very bad place two years ago. It was all such a crazy mess. This will definitely take more time to heal. I am just letting it all run its course.

I still read here pretty much daily. I am very thankful to be able to read such insightful wisdom from participants like yourself. SR is an amazing community. Its been a life saving experience for me.

Thanks again for your very kind words.