View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 02:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

5:23 am
Boy do I love waking up early. I'm finally back into a trend where I can get up at 4:45 and start the day.
I have a lot going on this week- I work the next 2 days and then I will spend the rest of the week prepping for my annual birthday celebration which will be on Sunday! Last year I only had 5 or 6 friends over- this year it will be 13 as my group of spiritual friends has grown since I started working again last summer! I love that I have finally found what I call my "spiritual posse." I spent years collecting drunks and addicts as friends and my get-togethers consisted of getting as inebriated as possible. None of them were true friends and quite honestly, I don't hang out with most of those people anymore.

My new group are people who seek the same path I do- the path to spiritual growth, love and enlightenment. There is only one person I invited who I am now regretting (she is loud and we are not that close) but there is nothing I can do about it. She was making jokes at work the other day about doing keg stands and LSD at the party. She does not know about my past, obviously! Oh well, we'll see how this goes.

Food wise things are going well despite my second binge of the month on Saturday. Saturdays are my trigger- once my husband is out of the house for work I tend to let go and immerse myself in the food. One day I hope that art and music will be my outlet again like it was for so many decades. My plan is to start doing pastels again and maybe take a look at creating mandalas.

Ah, so many goals...just need to commit to one and do it!

Sending much love and peace and cool weather for those of us who are in the middle of summer (going to be 91 degrees today which is almost 33 degrees celcius). I am still meditating in my car on my lunch breaks and boy is that getting difficult. I bought a little portable fan but it seems to only blow out hot heat which does not help!

Love you all, time to hit the gym!
Sunny