Thread: Another gig!
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 06:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
That's awesome!!

The only bars I ever go to now is Hooters. Mostly because I put half the waitresses' through college with my bar tabs from back in the day. LOL

Seriously though, I still have a lot of friends there. I was there friday night and it's always a good time sober. I like the wings and I'll let myself go nuts once a week on them.

I bet your daughter appreciated the late night meal with a sober mom.

I live for those moments with my kids. It's an awesome thing when life sort of resets itself from the hell we clawed out of.

I really wish that more people would just "keep going" when they feel like early sobriety might be too much. Granted, it's one hell of a mountain to climb...but the world on the other side is so amazing for the most part.

Good for you Sassy!
Ah, yes. Hooters....for the food, of course!

Yep there’s this hump to get over, and once it’s traversed....with time....you can go anywhere; you can be anything, you can finally live, and alcohol issues, and other people drinking become insignificant. And the truth of that feels like sweet freedom.

These early folks need to JUST KEEP GOING!! Talk to me in a year. 18 months. You’ll be saying, ohhhhhh. So that’s what you were talking about.....