Thread: very bad day
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 03:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
SoberCAH

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
I really appreciate the help and comments.

I did a couple of things after I started this thread.

First thing was, I spoke to my therapist and she contacted someone in the same practice who specializes in anger management. She thought we'd be a good fit. So now I have two therapists. haha Who would have ever thought?!

I guess it's never bad to have too many.

Second thing I did was the shop owner called me and asked me to drop by after hours to talk. He offered to fire the guy.

I really was about to take him up on it and then I stopped myself and just said to him..."he's not a bad guy...he means well, but he's young, dumb and really unprofessional. " You can probably break him of the ladder....don't think you can fix stupid" I told him I was willing to give him one last shot.

It meant a lot to me that he thought enough about me to sit me down and talk to me about it. There's an old saying in the biker community where I grew up that says "Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned". So in that, I'm gonna give this arrogant little s#it one more chance before he gets bounced. I owe the owner that. The kid is a decent salesman. Still pretty convinced you can't fix stupid though.

That's about it. So things are back in an upswing now.

Such is life.

Thanks again for all the help.
You were very gracious in not asking for this guy to be fired and in letting him off the hook lightly with his boss.

Perhaps this young man will learn from your magnanimity.

Forgiveness is quite a virtue.