Thread: 2 1/2 months
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 12:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sohard

Originally Posted by WeThinkNot View Post
What specifically do you miss? You said that you don't miss the hell that went with drinking but you miss drinking wine. Is it the taste? The social aspect?

The reason I ask is because in my previous failed attempts at sobriety I would have said the same thing. What that meant for myself is "I want to continue getting absolutely plastered 24/7 but magically I want zero repercussions as a result of getting plastered 24/7".
Interesting question. I’m really thinking about it. I miss the excitement of knowing - in one hour relaxation (drinking) begins. It’s almost like I could start breathing then. It’s strange to have to almost live in a place of Zen and not instead work up to that feeling of relief at drinking time. When you’re sort of living in a place of peace, i appreciate that peace less, because I don’t have a direct reminder of the discomfort. Does that make sense?? Also, I miss the silly laughing that comes along with drinking wine. The celebratory, carefree feeling that is just different when you are sober. So, any advice?? Really.