View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 03:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
trailmix

Hi tbold. What a change in your life and how wonderful for you.

Yes, big changes can be scary and sometimes hard (been there). However how about looking at it a little differently. I don't know about you but when I started to venture out after a big life shift I mostly found it interesting. Things had changed, some things weren't where they were before (ie: places I didn't frequent, which were many). I was very isolated.

So I took small steps. I would say ok, how about trying this - whatever it was, whether it was going to a certain store or walking through an unfamiliar park or getting coffee out - even going out to a restaurant alone.

You know what, I thought of it all as great discoveries. Every small step was a victory of sorts and the more I did the more confident I became. With that confidence I started to like myself more too.

Get a manicure and a pedicure and a haircut (if you want one). Change your haircolour or get it coloured. Buy yourself a new shirt. Yes, that's all outside fluff but it is a confidence boost none the less.

Start walking in the evenings, even if it's just a few blocks and then back home, again a confidence boost and being outside lifts your mood.

It really is an adventure and if you think about it not many adults get to experience the world that way. A little scary but it can be really wondrous and fun too.