Thread: very bad day
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BullDog777

very bad day

I drag race cars sometimes. It's an adrenaline rush and I love the friendships I've formed while in this community. I've been doing it most of my adult life.

There's a particular car shop I frequent just to jaw it up with old friends and pick up parts. There's a new guy there who has managed to pi$$ of a lot of the old timers there.

This dude is a pathological liar. Spouting sponsorships that he doesn't have, giving bad advise, yelling at customers, claiming he's one of the fastest guys in the world, blah blah blah........just a horrible f'ing decision to hire this guy.

I've butted heads with him a few times. I usually let it roll off but today was different.

He started jawing at the mouth, giving more bad advise, talking more s#it and I got mad. I basically called him out and embarrassed him in front of the entire shop . He started to yell at me.....BAD IDEA.

People know my history there...they've known my family for 35 years. When I was young, my nickname was shaky because right before i would unload on some poor ba$Tard, i'd start to shake really bad from the adrenaline.

When the manager saw this, he and 3 other guys had to pull me away from this fool. I was about to put my hands on him. It would have ended badly and I would have gone to jail for sure.

Instead, I stopped. I put my arms down and just turned around and walked out.

What scares me is how close I came to really doing something awful.

Now let me say this....this is not a normal reaction for me to have. I never get like this. I'm usually very logical and level headed. For some reason today, I came really close to being that monster I was when I was in my early 20s and 30s.

Why?

It seems like I should have an answer, but I don't. It's really bugging me.