Old 07-08-2019, 03:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
brighterday1234

Hey there. Have you tried AA? Might be worth giving that a try to see if the dynamics are different.

The bottom line is that if you don’t want to go to NA meetings anymore then don’t. Simple. The key in my experience is living the program (12 steps) in your daily life. Also if you find yourself needing it again the meetings will be there for you. It’s all about honesty for me; if you’re sober and content then that is the barometer in which to judge your recovery in my experience. If your intentions for leaving are genuine and not the addict mind talking then there’s no problem in my experience.

Whatever you do it’s essential to always prioritise your recovery no1 in your life and to always live a recovery program each day. SR is great for maintaining regular contact with other alcoholics/addicts. I use the word live as opposed to ‘work’ as for me it’s simply a way of living and it became second nature.

For me I’m an alcoholic and I would always be an alcoholic regardless if all of the other stuff that I used to use alcohol as a medicine for were dealt with. I believe I was born an alcoholic as my reaction to alcohol is different to most non-alcoholics.