Old 07-07-2019, 04:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Reneevc

Well another week has passed and not much has changed with my situation BUT things ARE better for me. I am not stressed, and am able to focus on me rather than being obsessive over my husbands actions. I’ve been focusing on a healthy diet and just feeling better about myself in general. There are still plenty of things that trigger stress, and I still find myself wanting to ask him questions about what he’s doing, if anything, to better himself. I just try to remind myself that his recovery is in his hands, not mine, and I am able to let it go much better than before. If he wants to share parts of it he will. It shouldn’t be a priority for me to pry it out of him. I think the hardest part for me is that at the moment, I have no romantic or intimate feelings towards him. And I feel very guilty about that. I can feel that it hurts him that I don’t express those feelings towards him. Despite everything I don’t want to hurt him (kill him maybe, but not hurt him. 😂 I kid! I kid!) I suppose that is a bridge we can cross after he has a plan for his own problems. In the meantime I’ll be over here drinking green smoothies and eating enough spinach to turn into Popeye...and feeling damn good about it.