View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 02:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
trailmix

How much alcohol will trigger a BAC of 0.01 percent?

George Behonick, a forensic toxicologist with Indianapolis drug-screening company AIT Laboratories, said 0.01 percent is a very low BAC and one that an individual could reach by having less than a can of beer or a glass of wine.

“People stop and they talk and they sit. So if you look at a 150 pound man over the course of an hour having one drink, you’re probably looking at a (BAC) that is very close to 0.01,” Behonick said. “That’s because the rate of elimination of alcohol is 0.015 percent per hour.”

Size and lean body mass also play major roles in BAC. For example, Behonick said, one standard drink would give a 200 pound man a BAC of 0.02 percent. In a 120 pound woman, it would yield a BAC of 0.03 percent.

Behonick said it’s also not unheard of for someone who has been drinking heavily the night before to still have a BAC of 0.01 percent or higher when going into work the next day.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...cent/10741265/

I edited that down - but regardless, still no movie for your Son.

I forget how old he is. That's a tough one. I think I would say Dad can't take you to the movies today and if he asks I would be honest and say he has been drinking so he can't drive.