View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
August252015

I was a quit or die case, finally heard it when the liver dr gave me a yr, 18 mo. I was 39.

I had vodka in me in some amount about 24/7 by that time.

I was DONE drinking and quit cold turkey. Not giving medical advice, just sharing that I viewed it as there could be absolutely no more alcohol in my body and basically I'd take uncertain chances on quitting that way over a certain death by drinking.

I was sick for a long time. To diff degrees and all over the place in severity.

Each of us goes thru something different and the idea of quitting was TERRIFYING. I had no idea how I would live (literally) without alcohol.

We can't tell you when you will be normal - though there are similarities in many cases - and ALL of us need time to stabilize, then feel better, then find our normal.

I did see drs in the first weeks and get straightened out on meds. All tests including the scariest, liver panels, and so on.

I'm about to turn 43 in Aug, sober. It's the best thing I've ever done.

Hope you make the choice- I think it does take a leap of faith that there HAS to be something better than what we are doing. I finally jumped. I have gone thru a lot and I work a very strong recovery program- and it's really just a life program.

I wouldn't trade anything now for anything I had before the alcohol took over, or if I hadn't quit, obviously.