View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Leochic06

Originally Posted by Imaginarium View Post

Leochic, I’ve noticed that the further out from the start of no contact, that it gets harder. Like the realization that if things go well, I’ll never speak to him again. I’ve known and loved him for almost 20 years and that thought is very overwhelming now. But then I think about what contact looks like. He’ll either say mean things and make me feel bad, or talk his way back into my life and make me feel bad. I’ve never had an ex, even the only other one who broke my heart, that gave me such anxiety at the thought of reopening the conversation. I take that to mean I shouldn’t. Tomorrow is my birthday. I feel like after tomorrow and not talking to him my heart will move on a little more.

Stay strong. Therapy does really help. It’s what helped give me the strength to walk away. And if you don’t like your therapist, find another one. Best of luck to you. I’m always happy to talk.
I agree. I've been 30 days no contact and have only heard from him once. And it was him thanking me for sending stuff.

in our 30 days. I passed out one year anniversary and a couple of important dates. Each day was hard. But your right. It has made me stronger.
I totally get how you feel. The longer the time away the more you wonder if they even miss you.