Old 07-01-2019, 12:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Milano58

I actually thought mine must be having an affair because of the change in him. As soon as we started drinking low alcohol beers at home... A switch flipped. Our marriage wasn't great at the time. Newborn, toddler, New jobs etc. But he just turned sour. He had quit drinking for me 3yrs before and pretty much white knuckled his sobriety. I didn't even know he was an alcoholic. Just thought he had a bit of a control issue. Thought he was so mature to quit altogether. Fast forward another couple years and it was sodas mixed with beer at home. He started to resent me..resent my disproval. Another year later he was getting wasted again.. Rinse repeat of where he was before we met.

It's sad what alcohol does. It really is insidious how the people who care the most are seen by the alcoholics as harmful.

When I think of my husband, I think of the sober guy who is now dead and I grieve for him. Because he really did want to marry, have kids, grow old with me.

My EXAH is just a shell....a brain in love with alcohol. That's what alcohol does. It turns your love of surfing, Dawn rain, camping, waterfalls into nothing. In the same way, 'the other woman' probably would too. You don't need to go surfing babe... You've got me.