View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 09:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
DriGuy

Originally Posted by Littlefunn94 View Post
I’m not ready to quit drinking alcohol completely. I’m just ready to not wake up the next day and several days after that with guilt and depression from the messes I’ve made and the people I’ve upset. I hope someone can possibly give me some advice who has been in this same or similar situation. Thank you.
You may be touching on something here that was part of my drinking toward the end. I didn't want to quit. I just wanted to get rid of the consequences. This seems like a normal desire, but think about it. The consequences come from drinking. If you're not going to quit, you must endure the consequences. I don't see how you can have one without the other.

I feel like I can be direct about this, because I went through the same thing without really facing the cause and effect relationship between drinking and adverse consequences. But there is most definitely an undeniable cause/effect relationship between the two.

I'm wishing you well. I hope you will find this forum to be a comfortable place to work your way through this problem.