Thread: Gasping
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 06:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
Just dont drink. I am around drinkers all the time. All of my friends are drinkers and I have not stopped hanging out with them just because I quit drinking. That was my choice. I chose to knowing that they drink. My one friend still stops by almost everyday after work with a pint of 100 proof peppermint schnapps and some beer. I used to drink with him, now I dont because I wanted to stop drinking(he was not part of my decision). July 4th is my birthday and I always have a huge party with well over 100 people, all drinking (and who knows what else). I am not going to stop the party(im still looking forward to it). I just wont be drinking. We all know quitting aint easy. You just have to be tough. At least thats how I approach it. So far so good. Although from what I read I could have hundreds of relapses left considering this is my first go at it and I only have 20 days under my belt.
This is the way to think about this, and it’s similar to the way I thought when I quit. Go ahead and drink, people. I will not be drinking! I am free!