View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
needshelp111

Originally Posted by Littlefunn94 View Post
I’m not even sure if I’m supposed to be here or if I consider myself an alcoholic. I’m in no way dependent on it. I drink maybe once a week, but when I do, I overdo it. Almost every single time. I’ve offended countless people, had several friendships dissolved and done things and said things I would never dream of doing when sober. I don’t know how to say no to another drink, or go home when it’s time. I have no limits and I want it to end. I just want to be able to drink like a normal person. I’m not ready to quit drinking alcohol completely. I’m just ready to not wake up the next day and several days after that with guilt and depression from the messes I’ve made and the people I’ve upset. I hope someone can possibly give me some advice who has been in this same or similar situation. Thank you.

I'm right there with you. A few months ago I did something horrible and stupid and said never again. But slowly, I started drinking again and did the same thing again. I would say that you're where I was about 10 years ago. I'd drink a bit and be fine, but more often I'd mess up. Then I'd stop for a while but sooner or later I'd be feeling like snot.

Eventually, I think most of us started drinking at home or away from others to avoid this.

But here is where you begin. With today and being sober. Don't worry about tomorrow but just today. All that matters is today and making that one key decision.......not to have even one!