Old 06-26-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RaiseAnchor

Dave's Not Here, Man! (Looking for some support)

Howdy,

SR has been a great resource to me over the years in regards to quitting drinking and drugging. I come by and I check the alcoholism forum to keep me grounded, and share my experience with others. Fortunately, I've been sober from alcohol for quite awhile. Unfortunately, lately, I've become a bit of a pothead and I can't hang!

I started smoking pot around summer of last year, and have struggled with it off and on. I do enjoy the initial feeling of it, but as I have no real "off" switch when it comes to mind altering substances, it doesn't take me long to become a bit of a burn out and I'm getting high daily.

I've found myself back into mental habits with it that I had with alcohol: the "it'll be different this time!", but again... a few days I can moderate my marijuana use and then I'm off to the races staying high pretty much all the time. I think it's easier to see weed as "less harmful" than alcohol, and I somewhat agree with that. I just really hate losing control of myself, now. I made so many great strides since quitting drinking, I can't help but feel like I'm backsliding. :/

It does sadden me a bit that I can't really hang with marijuana. However, my mental health is certainly more important.

I've been able to quit drinking, and I'm sure I can see myself away from marijuana as well. I flushed the rest of my stash last night and trashed my paraphernalia. I'm gonna have to take a hiatus from my band because my fellow members definitely like to smoke out. Although I know they'd be understanding that I want to abstain from weed, I just don't think I can quite trust myself yet to not quickly justify indulging with them.

Thanks for reading if you do. It feels good to write this out and hold myself accountable.