View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ohbrowat

Unhappy One month down. ? To go...

I’ve been reading everyone’s posts here for a long time, but just now decided to embrace sobriety for good and create an account. I’ve been a high functioning alcoholic for 15 years, and like many of us found MANY different ways to accommodate my friend the drunk. But alas, I’m waving the white flag and trying to move on with life sober. I’ve tried several times before - only to slide back every time. Most recently, I was actually not drinking on weekdays, and then enjoying my Martinis on Friday and Saturday. But Thursdays got worse every week, and after 5 or 6 weeks’ roller coaster, plus reading everyone’s posts here about PAWS I faced the facts and here I am. I just crossed the one month line and am dealing with good days and bad. And ohhhh those sweet cravings. For me, the brain fog, feelings of despair and aloofness or depersonalization are the worst. I’m the most positive guy you’ve ever met, but this.... ugh. My wife can’t quite understand it. While she is COMPLETELY supportive, I get the impression sometimes that she thinks it’s psychosomatic. I’ve read enough of your posts to know its real. I’m trying to eat right, exercise and stay busy with work and music.

That’s it for now I suppose. Just wanted to make my first official post and let you all know I was here and that I hate PAWS!