View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 11:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Mags!
Too funny! Vultures tearing the limbs off trees! Everywhere in Colorado is breathtaking. Sorry not brag, just fact. Snow wise, here is why:

"This elevation map of Colorado illustrates the number of feet or meters the state rises above sea level. As you can see, all of Colorado resides at over 2,000 feet above sea level. The Great Plains cover the eastern 2/5 of the state. The Rocky Mountains run north to south through the central part of the state.

At a mean elevation of 6,800 feet above seal level, Colorado has the highest mean altitude of the 50 states.

Colorado's low point, 3,315 feet above sea level at the Arikaree River in Yuma County, is the highest low point in the nation and is higher than 18 state high points.

The highest point in Colorado, Mount Elbert at 14,440 feet above sea level in Lake County, is also the highest point in the Rocky Mountains and the second highest point in the Continental United States. It's located in the Sawatch Range in the western-central part of the state about 20 miles east of Aspen."
Source: Colorado Base and Elevation Maps

Andy,
Us too but the storms aren't raining here, they are in a circle all around here, but not over us? Click on Microsoft weather in the start menu and go to Princeton LA 71067 and click on the radar symbol. Very weird weather here!

Paul,
That shouldn't be all you get today.

Sassy,
Re snow see the above. I miss four seasons, where summer weather is not 105° with 75% humidity. Enjoy! Sassy my favorite fishing lake is an alpine lake in a mountain crest that is inaccessibly snow bound until late July and in August has four foot snowbanks under the pine's shade.

Star,
Thanks, I will keep as much snow as mother nature sends my way.. Bear in mind it melts off the roads as soon as the sun comes out and everything is dry within 48 hours. And warm again. I've seen 55° in July in the Springs, and 75 degree Christmas' too. So winter isn't always, and either is summer. And the dry climate moderates both cold and heat.

Well the first appointment hasn't come to fruition yet, hope it picks up soon. I'm heading out to go see some of the damage from the storms yesterday. Mine was an easy cleanup. I just piled it all on the burn pile.

Bye!