Old 06-24-2019, 04:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Primativo

I don't know, because I only ever drank for the buzz, and I always wanted more and more of the buzz.

Even from a young age, I enjoyed getting drunk. Then it slowly over the years, stopped becoming as fun, and the hangovers and repercussions became worse.

Then, I slipped into dependency. It was a gradual decline over many years, but the problems with alcohol became apparent in my early twenties, when I drank to treat my anxiety (which was mainly caused by my drinking in the first place). Drinking on my hangovers is probably where the wheels were set in motion.

Once I started drinking on hangovers, my fate was sealed, and all that happened as over the years I slowly sunk further and further into the abyss until all of a sudden I would be on week long binges drinking from morning to night unable to stop.

I simply can;t enjoy one or two drinks anymore. I don't get a satisfactory buzz from a couple of drinks. I don't even feel it. The amount I need to make drinking enjoyable, is exactly relative to the amount which will cause me bad withdrawels / hangovers and other consequences the next day. There isn't a holy grail of the perfect amount of alcohol which will satisfy me, and simultaneously allow me to avoid the black outs and hangovers.