Old 06-21-2019, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

he is still using drugs and drinking. less is still using. he is still under the influence and even tho he is removed from the home and separated from his wife and children, he is still choosing to use. which pretty ends the discussion..........

recovery LOOKS like recovery. if it ever happens, you will KNOW, not guess, not hope. because he will commit to a new way of life and change people places and things in his life, eliminate that stinking thinking, change his viewpoint of his place in life and strive to be the best human he can be. he will show an energy and enthusiasm towards life, he will treat you with respect, his children will be his everything. and he'll crawl across hot coals naked to be with them.

when you see THAT...you'll know.

however...even when you do see THAT, there are no guarantees in recovery. well i mean sure, don't drink, ever. but humans being humans and addicts being addicts, that "option" is always there...the beast never sleeps.

former crackhead here, among other things.....did you see on the news about the humungous port bust, container ship, lots of cocaine. now normally those "thoughts" about that stuff are fleeting, like a leaf blowing by in the wind. but i made the mistake of hitting the google - curious just how big a ton of that stuff would be....and anyways, it has stuck with me a bit longer than i like. i'm not in any "danger" but i am aware of the lethargic beast.

it's been 13 years. for me. the message that "we must remain forever vigilant" is god's truth.