Thread: Cold Turkey
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 09:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
BanAlcohol

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Yes, anxiety and extreme anxiety is quite common during withdrawals. Benzos are extremely addictive themselves and act in a very similar fashion to alcohol so I would strongly recommend you only take them under close supervision of a doctor that knows about your drinking. It’s actually never a bad idea so see a doctor before quitting cold turkey anyway as there are thighs far worse than anxiety that can happen during withdrawals. Not common but definitely possible.

I know that last time you were here you went through a very similar scenario when you attempted to quit. And you left here feeling that your other meds were the problem all along so you decided to moderate your drinking again. I hear you saying that you have decided to quit for good which I think is the right choice too, please be safe about it.
That is because I am a selfish idiot and blamed it on the meds I was on, I strongly deeply apologise but I know it is no excuse.

That is also why I am not taking Diazepam as I have read horror stories on them being exactly the same and even worse than Alcohol due to them working on GABA, they say the only thing to replace Alcohol are benzos but nothing can replace a Benzo. I have thought “what if I just have one, Will I get addicted?”
But I am trying so hard to just push through and detox without.

I just want to feel no anxiety, it honestly is torturing me, but it will end right?

Thanks so much for replying