SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - I am a mess! Need a woman's advice...
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 09:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
Delilah1

Hi Pippo,

Congrats on your sober time!

FB can be dangerous for this very reason, and I speak as someone who reconnected with an ex years ago. It started as just chatting, then reminiscing, then turned to more intimate conversations. It was at a time in my marriage when we were dealing with lots of issues, I was drinking at the time, and since I wasn’t getting attention in my marriage I was enjoying the attention from him.

In my case my husband did find out. It brought every single issue we were having now in our marriage to a head, and almost caused a divorce, and at the time I was the one who was ready for the divorce. It forced us to deal with our issues, and to re-examine what was important to us and our marriage. We have three kids, and no matter what both of us always put the kids first, but we’d both been guilty of being neglectful to each other. That was about ten years ago, and I can tell you that the whole situation really hurt my husband.

I can relate to the feeling you have now if not wanting to end the communication, it is not easy. It might be a good time to re-evaluate your marriage and see if there is anything missing.

Hang in there my friend, you can cut this off, and continue with your sobriety!

“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Sobriety Date: January 1, 2016
Delilah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delilah1 For This Useful Post:
Bekindalways (06-19-2019), Midwest1981 (06-20-2019), PippoRossi (06-24-2019), Zevin (06-25-2019)