View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 04:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ilovemysonjj

JJ has two years sober!

Hello my SR family! I wanted to pop in and share that JJ has crossed into completing year 2 as of June 13.

He is doing so well and living his best life, and our relationship is that of adults who enjoy each others company. I am so blessed to have him back in our lives, and we are all going on our first family vacation with him included since 2011! He is following through on the restitution since January and has paid down already $2,000 of the debt to my husband and I through the courts.

JJ is managing a sober living and is planning on going back to College and get his degree. He actually is building his own credit (what a miracle!) and has a bank account and is figuring out how to apply for the student loans. I know that his life could change should he relapse, but I see such a transformation in his life and I believe he knows that the "blessings" are real. I pray daily for all of us who love someone lost to addiction and for our peace and faith to guide us through the darkest days. The miracles happen when we least expect it and NOT on our timetable, on God's!

Love to all!
Teresa