View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 12:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
I find summers tough in general. I am securely sober. But I still am thinking of beer a lot, as we prepare to go camping and we relax for the summer. I don’t entertain the thoughts, but they are there. I can honestly say I miss beer in an offhand way, but I don’t miss the death trap of my alcoholism and they cannot be separated.
Yeah I get that completely with beer, infact so much so I have taken to AF beers and I love them, I still feel the refreshing after without the alcohol. And it doesn't make me miss the alcohol in it either it's just purely for the taste. Have a lovely time camping.

I'm just back from a trip and the people I was with where drinking, and one suggested I could 'have just one' bearing in mind I'm pregnant also 🙄 it made me feel so uncomfortable and out of my depth I panicked, like I'm a drip now or something. Had to go back to the room early and I burst out crying. My brother is also drinking alot and had a scary experience recently and I seen he is still drinking and my mind for whatever reason said 'if you can't beat em....' but then I caught it in its tracks and came here. I don't want to drink, and I know my mind is just playing the old tricks on me. I actually despise alcohol now, like really have so much hate for it. Which is good.