View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 04:27 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Treesofgreen View Post
I just finished a Father’s Day dinner with my two young daughters, my ex and his mother. He invited me to come along by calling Friday to invite me. When I arrived, he asks that I hand over my phone to him. I’m guessing it was so I couldn’t prove that I was there. That hurt a lot. I had planned to FaceTime with my parents and the girls.

To cap that off, he says that he plans to take the kids to New Hampshire for a month! He will not be there. His parents will be caring for the girls for the entire month. The last time he went up there with them, they tried to go to the NY consulate to get the girls passports without my permission. Luckily they didn’t grant them but how do I know they won’t try it again?

I am shaking mad and crying at the same time. I’m emailing my lawyer to see if there is anything I can do. Stunts like this make me want to drink.
Oh love....this is so unbelievably hard. I would be terrified as well.....but that is not going to help you. We need to stay calm, and think it through.....do you have a lawyer? I am guessing yes....so first things first, put in a call or email and document this.

The phone thing is cruel and manipulative. Also not legal. He cannot take your property. I would tell my lawyer that as well.

I am just so sorry you are dealing with all of this....you are brave and strong and determined and sober, and you have ALL of us with you here.

Just keep doing the next right thing, no matter how scary it feels. You are going to be with your kids again, despite this guy's meanness. Have faith. I am sending loads of love and prayers. xx ♥♥