View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 07:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ScaryTime

Originally Posted by LifeChangeNYC View Post
ST, really good... definitely such a positive step... finding new solutions to previous forms of CD attachment will start to become such an impactful force for you. Dogs are strong emotional attachments we have so it’s important that they no longer involve being with him or dropped off based on his schedule. You are taking the control back. I had 4 dogs with my ex and they were often used as a form of control and manipulation in various degrees. Once I found alternative options and boarding care for them — she could no longer use them to control me. Point being, take the power back! Step forward...
Agreed! Called him tonight and told him I don't want the dogs kenneled for 12 hours a day and that my brother offered to stay with them while I am out of town. He said that was probably best as he is working a lot and blah blah blah. So problem solved. Thank you for all of the comments. I would've continued to allow him to control the situation...
now my next problem...he wants to take one of them hunting this fall... I don't want her to go, she is the only bird dog that goes and hunts for like 4 or 5 guys it is too much for her. He assures me that he loves her too and won't let anything happen. But he won't be the one paying the vet bills when she comes home all beat up from hunting and I just don't want her to go. She's my baby! And its not like he is coming to pick her up and get her into shape for hunting. She isn't severely overweight but she is definitely not in shape to go out west and hunt the way he expects.
so I just tell him no? That will, be the final straw for him i think
that's probably why i am hesitant but that's probably what i need to do just tell him she's not going...she lives to go and hunt but i don't think she should go