View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 05:22 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
hummingbird358

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. He made contact this week by sending just a pic of a cat which was fine. I did ask him about his next vivitrol shot and he replied that he stopped getting them which made my stomach flip. So he said when he got it in april that they hit a nerve causing his leg to hurt for a few weeks... so when it came time to get it in May he chose not to get it.... I had no clue. So he is 2 months now without the shot. Only had it in April... I suggested maybe he look into something else that may help with cravings. He does have naltrexone pills but he didn't say if he takes them. Not my problem - right! So I know this was wrong to do and I need to let go but I did it... I reached out to someone that is in contact with my son out there and he told me that he did drink near the end of May and is not longer seeing his sponsor... So all I can do is pray that he got back on track again. That explains why he didn't send me the 60 days sober pic.. he sent me one at 30 days so I was waiting for the 60 day one and it never came. I know he doesn't have to send me that but it is something he was doing before when he was in recovery and I guess I was looking for it again. I understand now why.

So, if anything I have learned from this is exactly what all of you have said to me... telling him something from home shouldn't be something I fear because it may lead him to drink.... I didn't tell him anything and he drank.

As for him always telling me that he has no money ....Like..why doesn't he look at his arms filled with tattoos and figure out how much that cost!