View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 10:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LovePeaceSushi

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
What support are you getting through all this?

None. I do take my daughter to Alateen on Mondays and she enjoys it. Her best friend from church is there.

I have an Al Anon app on my phone that I listen to sometimes.....it's a great app called "Alanon Companion". I think I paid $5 for it, but it's worth it. It has a lot of testimonies and I enjoy listening to those.

I *really* don't want to go to meetings. I was looking into them to see when/where there was one near me, though, and there's one a mile from my house. It's at 7 pm, which is usually when we eat dinner, but come on - I could put something in the crockpot that day and the world would not stop if I was gone for an hour.

SmallbutMighty - yes, I am aware of the potential for abuse. I saw on this board in another section where people do abuse it. My husband takes it, though (about an hour before bed), and it literally knocks him OUT. That's why he doesn't like pills...he has a prescription for xanax (as do I - I am diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder) and he won't take them. I have a prescription for phenagran (nausea due to anxiety) and he won't take it even if he's throwing up or nauseas. They all make him sleep for hours. It's not the kind of "high" he likes. And the prescription right now is just for after the surgery. No refills. I'm on the alert, though.