View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LovePeaceSushi

** 10 minutes after posting **

Just got off the phone with husband as he was leaving the Dr's office. "It's not good", he said. "The doctor says he thinks I have liver disease"

"You mean cirrhosis?" I said

YES. He has to go get a scan this coming Tuesday. He said he knew that was what the doctor was going to say. I asked him if that was why he was snippy with me yesterday when I brought it up and he admitted it was. He said he's not going to tell his parents "cirrhosis' because his mom will freak out. (She will.....but it pi$$es me off because if you read my previous posts, they'd let him stay at their house and drink, drink, drink when I'd kick him out for being drunk and mean...they are ostriches, sticking their heads in the sand, blaming me, and never accepting the fact that their perfect, precious son is a raging alcoholic. - I want her to freak out. She deserves to freak out and get a taste of what I've been putting up with for years. <a LOT of resentment there; forgive me>)

He was pretty matter-of-fact: No more alcohol in the house, no more drinking, and "party is over".

I pray he means it.