Thread: Camping
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 09:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

If you are really worried about it you could always just call your doctor and ask what they think. While it's likely you will be fine, you just indicated that you'll be going out into the middle of nowhere with no cell service if something happens. No one here can or should advise you on whether it's OK for you to go as that would be considered medical advice.

I can tell you that the last time I quit on my own, i ended up in the ER roughly about 36 hours after I quit. I was very hung over the first 24 hours but the second morning I had what ended up being a massive panic attack in the middle of a meeting at work which mimicked a heard attack. I did not actually have a heart attack or a seizure, but I was having heart palpitations and my BP and heart rate were through the roof. And that was after I had quit several times without ever experiencing something even close.

So while I'm not trying to scare you - i'm just reaffirming that no one here can safely give you a "thumbs up" to go on the trip as we are not doctors, and it's also against site policy to give medical advice.