View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paulsandy

We all experience specific circumstances in life that become intolerable and overwhelming for us. It is these specific circumstances that cause us to feel helpless and trapped and we escape the trap with drugs and alcohol. We regain control of our feelings with a quick fix or mood changer of chemicals. This is a bad decision but works in the short term. Now it's time to change our thinking and change our life. Regain control of our helpless trapped emotions by replacing that helpless trapped, powerless feeling with some other empowering value or behavior. This is hard to do when you are still in physical withdrawal. Get help from withdrawal. Consider new values and purpose in our lives. Pray about it, think about, choose a better life.

I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. —Stephen Covey

“Don’t copy the behavior or values of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2[/QUOTE]

Agreed !!!
We can take control of mind changing the direction of our thoughts .Its can be hard but possible .Yes physical withdraw must be treated first by the help of Physician and look after our thoughts.I made an acronym of the encouraging thoughts and remind me hundred times a day until it go into subconscious.I am determined to repeat them and it's helping when I feel low.
Folks thanks for sharing --Take care