View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CRRHCC

Yes, living is the solution. The Serenity prayer says it best with reference to accepting the things we can not change.

Life is never going to be easy, fair and painless. We are never going to always get what we want. When we expect life to be easy, fair and painless naturally we try and fix it with a quick fix or mood changer of chemicals!

Discomfort is the price of admission to a meaningful life. No one would deny that life is full of adversity. We can’t control our circumstances but we can control how we think about our circumstances and how we respond. If there is no strain, there will be no strength. The number-one contributor to growth is difficult circumstances.​ All addictions are a by-product of how we decide to manage difficult circumstances.

Matthew 11:28-30: 28 “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am [a]gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Christ uses three key verbs when speaking of stress management: come, learn, and take. Christ wants us to come to Him, collaborate with Him, learn from Him, take on a lighter load. No rocket science here, just behavior science and scripture.