View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BrianK

[QUOTE=Paulsandy;7205996]
Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
Thank you for this!

I was doing some hideously negative affirmations (negations?) to myself last night. I was tired, confused, sad, and since there was no one around to abuse, I guess myself was the default target. Something told me, "Stop. Get some sleep. See how things look in the morning."

This was the top thread when I logged on[/QUOTE

Hi Briank every bad happens for a good reason.We think bad happened to me and react quickly.If we wait ,see and respond not react they just come to give a warning...stay sober ,no matter waht ???
That's kind of where I'm at now. None of these decisions in front of me is urgent or permanent. But I usually respond out of resentment or loneliness. But then it's been a long time since I had even 30 days sober. So I thought, "Let's put this stuff on the shelf for a couple more weeks and look at it again with new eyes." That actually helped me see 30 days as more doable! It's not this distant, abstract goal. I gotta get 30 days (or more) to get that additional clarity, to be able to come back to my journal and compare notes. Everything just felt more concrete and possible.