SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Looking for a book with roles in a family with an alcoholic, particularly scapegoat.
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 03:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Heather400

Hi Dandelion 12, thank you for your reply and I will look up the book you suggest. X

hi Alesheba, I'm sorry it has taken me a while to reply and thank you for your post. I like how you got your name and I'm an animal lover so it is lovely to read if your interest in horses. After I wrote my post I read the post "6 family roles in a dysfunctional or alcoholic family" by Pathway to free , where the book Another chance by Sharon Wegscheider-Cruse is suggested. I've looked at this on Amazon & it looks good although not a recent book.
In your post you write about how being the "identified patient" or scapegoat stuck after your father died and I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father and how this role continued. This has been the same with me as I got into a relationship where I was the identified patient and felt I was victim even though I was trying to fight back bit by bit. I really hope that having this role identified will help you. Xxx
Heather400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Heather400 found treatment at None (N/A)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heather400 For This Useful Post:
Alysheba (06-14-2019), Mango212 (07-18-2019), StellaBlu (08-03-2019)