SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - The Good old Meeting before the Meeting!
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 04:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tommyh
It`s ok to stay sober

I was told to come early and stay late,and I did for many years
a meeting before, during and after the meeting
3 meetings for the price of one

those are some of the best meetings I ever had.I remember going down for our 8 pm speaker meetings early and they would be 8-12 people in the back room,talking,drinking coffee and smoking.The coffee maker usually got there at least 2 hours early on Fridays and Sundays and had a 100 cup coffee pot ready around 6:30
after the meeting,some of those guys kept me in the kitchen telling stories and jokes and the coffee pot was finally cleaned up around 11.I finally figured they was trying to keep me there till the liquior stores closed

the coffee was the first thing on, last thing off

he did that for most of 35 years! That guy was a coffee making legend!

now a days, some people drag in late or leave early
they miss out of some of the best part of the fellowship.
one more thing,some of em won`t go a mile futher than nessacery to get to another meeting,go figure!

we used to have only 4 meetings a week here and the old timers grabbed all us new guys and we piled in one their big cars and they plugged in a AA tape and we went to a "out of town" meeting...30-50 miles away..Had a good meeting in the car,one when we got there,and another on the way home.Thats how those guys was raised in AA,go to plenty of meetings and take new guys with you and they told me to go buy a big car,why?To carry drunks to plenty of meetings

Greater is He than is in me,than He who is in the world
Tommyh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommyh For This Useful Post:
Dave42001 (06-16-2019), SoberCAH (06-13-2019), tomsteve (06-13-2019)