Old 06-11-2019, 06:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ItsTime4Me

Run. Run like your a**is on fire. You have no children with this man. You’re young, there’s plenty of other people out there that you can love and feel comfort with that won’t do those things to you. It WILL get worse. The things said in this forum are not exaggerations. There are no lengths an addict won’t go to get what they want, and as his girlfriend, you are the prime target. Not many addicts start out robbing pharmacies or killing people in a botched drug deal or theft. It’s because they’ve used up every other option. And right now, using you is his best option to keep the status quo while still being an addict. He can’t stay a part-time addict for long. They don’t exist.

While I may not comment often, I’ve followed almost every thread on this board for close to 2 years, since the day I found it. The advice and experience offered here by those who have gone before me is invaluable. Heed their advice. It may be the hardest thing you’ve ever done, but don’t learn the same lessons we’ve learned the hard way, after YEARS of trial and error. Try to make a different path for yourself than the one filled with lies and the deepest of hurts that this man will drag you down. Because he will drag you down. You’re already second guessing yourself and questioning things, and it’s early. That feeling eventually overtook me and literally brought me to my knees. I don’t comment much but once in a while I feel like I need to push someone out of the way of a moving truck. Your boyfriend is that truck.

I have two children with an addict. The only thing worse than you’re feeling right now is having big eyes and chubby cheeks looking up at you wondering why their dad doesn’t come home most nights or why you are such a nervous mess all the time. Trying to explain why their dad doesn’t even call anymore, or try to cover up that he does call but he’s messed up and homeless and can only call when he’s borrowed or not pawned his 100th phone.

I can’t stress this enough, he is not worth your worry, your tears, your life, because he does doesn’t care that you’re wasting them. He may play a good game and act like he does, but facts are facts. If he really, truly cared about you, he would never have lied the very first time that started this all. These lies are just the beginning. Lying is what fuels addiction, and his addiction is at the wheel of that truck. Your boyfriend is in the passenger seat along for the ride, no matter the dark alleys it takes him.

You’re 22. Get to know yourself on your own to see how life blooms for you. Don’t let him salt your earth so that your life is forever schewed from his dysfunction. Again, just run like your a** is I fire.