SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Bethany's accountability thread
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bethany57

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeRecovery View Post
Bethany-

I am curious what mindful eating looks like for you, what does eating more than I should look like for you? I know I keep hammering this point but it is pretty ambiguous and that is for me part of the good/bad eating mindset that gets me into trouble.

Sometimes I am so in my own head about food or other behaviors that I am not being logical. Sometimes I am so in my head that I miss out of enjoyable things and miss other opportunities for self-care. Sometimes I am so in my head that even if I am doing "well," I am being so judgemental to myself that I can't get out of my own way.

All of the mindset for me is part of my eating stuff too, and for me it is the trigger, rather than the result.

So naps are a double edged sword for you, what else do you participate in that is rejuvenation for you and relaxing? What else helps you with stress management?
Thank you so much LR for your time in responding. Mindful eating for me is basically eating whole foods- whole grains, fruit, vegetables. I rarely eat meat. Many times I will eat the same thing for days at a time. For example I eat ezekial bread (sprouted grain) with almond butter for breakfast. I had a big bowl of fruit with yogurt for lunch. Almonds for a snack and a big salad for dinner. I do get stressed really easily especially when I am tired. I have been fighting that for years. Also I do suffer from depression but mainly keep it at bay. I have been treated for depression for many years. When I binge eat I will get very depressed - upset with myself. I try to avoid sugar at all times. If I eat a cookie or something I will eat the whole bag - then go on to anything I can find that is bad. I don't have a problem with alcohol but I understand how some cannot have one drink. I am the same way with sweets. What I do for relaxation - I do swim and I do run. I run 10ks and I have ran a few half marathons and plan to run a few more this year. I really feel sugar is bad for you. I feel it effects my mind and body in bad ways. When I am on a binge I just don't care- but the next day I am very depressed. I hope I answered your question about mindful eating. I do have a lot of things in my life to be thankful for. I do think my glass is half full. Thank you again for your comment and suggestions.
Bethany57 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bethany57 For This Useful Post:
hopeful4 (07-05-2019), pdm22 (07-15-2019)