Old 06-11-2019, 05:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
pdm22

Perhaps have a section in your notes in your phone, where you list every thing you’ve dealt with so far, big and small. I think that’s been mentioned on here before as something that helps people in their emotional or weaker moments. And then if he contacts you, or you feel like contacting him, read it. Read it over & over again, reminding yourself of what he’s putting you through. No excuses for him, no justifications for his behavior, no splicing out the parts that would be easier to forget - just the simple, painful truth of your experience.

The sad reality is, is this type of thing can go on indefinitely. I’ve known quite a few people like this now, where there was no bottom, there was no recovery. Not everyone accesses that “recovery world”, or takes to it if they do. That’s a possibility too, that he just continues like this. And gets worse. At this point you have the knowledge of where he is now, and all he’s done so far. Addiction, cheating, lying, stonewalling. That’s just who he is. I agree with everyone that it this point, it would be wise to keep your distance, learn as much as you can about addiction, and protect yourself emotionally and financially.