SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Brothers drinking
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lpg

Brothers drinking

Looking for advice on helping family member

On Saturday night my brother was so wasted he stopped breathing twice and my sister had to phone an ambulance for him. He refused to go to the hospital, they did tests and couldn't be certain what had happened. My guess is he had taken coeidine as I've heard him talking of this before.

Anyway Sunday morning spoke to him for 2 hours about my situation with alcohol gave him the nitty gritty and basically explained I can see him turning into me and how I used to drink. He gave me all the bs we have all said before 'will cut it out for some time' anyhow he facetimes me last night to tell me about a letter he received from my mum since falling out with her and he's drinking a can off beer. I'm so annoyed and I know I have a cheek to be as I've been there myself but I really just don't want him headed on the same path I did, any advice on how to manage the situation without coming across as a total hypocrite?

Thanks lpg
Lpg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lpg For This Useful Post:
Dropsie (06-12-2019), SoberCAH (06-12-2019)