SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - My story-My husband is an alcoholic and I'm co-dependent
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 10:22 AM   #85 (permalink)
LifeChangeNYC

Flower, Al-Anon helps you learn to focus on YOUR needs. You stopped attending because the focus was too much on the addiction/addict? Yet, in all your posts... 100% of the focus is on your qualifier... his needs... his issues... his his his. I know all this can feel extremely overwhelming but we all know, things will continue to snowball. Sometimes it just takes stepping back and re-reading your posts... seeing how much you’re obsessing about him/his addiction. Believe me, I was in a similar all-consuming place w/my ex girlfriend. After 1 full year on intense therapy I remember my therapist saying... ok, we spent an entire year discussing your ex. Can I finally meet you? Can we finally talk about you? My face turned bright red in embarrassment! How the hell did I let myself get this far down? But you know what... there’s peace right around the corner... you just have to keep taking tiny steps forward.
LifeChangeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LifeChangeNYC For This Useful Post:
atalose (06-10-2019), Bernadette (06-10-2019), trailmix (06-10-2019)