Old 06-10-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
flower959

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Hi Flower, it's good to hear from you although I hate to hear things seem to be escalating into an even worse situation.

You are right, your protecting yourself emotionally will only enrage him more. I hope he does not ever become physically violent and that you have a future plan for what you may do if he does.

You do know that emotional abuse is a form of abuse. I know for myself that entitled me to free counseling through a womens domestic support/shelter place. I simply had to call, tell them the situation and they set it all up. There was no pressure but it was a big help during a time I really needed it. Abuse comes in all forms, and physical is only one of them, emotional is just as bad.

Sending you lots of support. Please take good care of yourself!
Escalating into a worse situation-Yes. I think the situation has changed, even gradually. Many times, I just think "Just get it over with already. Let's speed the inevitable up. " What is that going to be exactly and how long will it take for me to reach my break point? I wish I knew.

Yes, I'm aware that he's moved into the verbal/emotional abuse. It's hard to figure out what's a normal part of marriage. I don't want to be a person that doesn't forgive. Someone that doesn't forgive is someone that has allowed anger to rule their world and will always be looking backwards instead of forwards. I want it to work. I want to have hope.